Auto Accident Injury FAQs

Auto Accident Injury FAQs

Auto Injury Treatment FL Complete Care Neck Pain ReliefIf you've been involved in an auto accident and need to see a Plant City auto injury doctor, contact us today!

If you’ve been in an auto accident, things happen quickly and you may be confused and don’t know what you should do. Here are some frequently asked questions that may help you understand your options.

Q: Do I Need to See a Doctor?

A: If you’ve been injured in an auto accident and it’s a serious injury requiring immediate attention, go to the ER. However, you could be injured and not even realize it. Some injuries have symptoms that don’t show up until days, weeks, or even months later. In Plant City, auto injury doctors at Complete Care can find these hidden injuries so you can begin treatment right away.

Q: Should I See My Own PCP or a Plant City Auto Accident Injury doctor?

A: An auto accident doctor is highly trained in injuries that are commonly incurred in auto accidents. Many of these injuries are “hidden injuries” that easily go unnoticed. In fact, Primary Care Providers will often refer you to an auto accident doctor because PCPs generally deal with major medical while auto accident doctors mainly handle PIP Insurance.

Q: What Are “Hidden Injuries”?

A: Hidden injuries are hard-to-detect injuries that are commonly associated with auto accidents. Usually caused by the body being jerked or thrown around violently in an accident, these injuries include whiplash, a concussion, traumatic brain injury, and other soft tissue injuries. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is also considered a hidden injury that can occur from the trauma of being in a sudden accident. Symptoms from hidden injuries can take days, weeks, or even months to show up. The good news is that, if these injuries are detected early, there’s a good chance at a successful recovery.

Q: What is PIP Insurance?

A: PIP insurance is Personal Injury Protection insurance. In most states, PIP is optional supplemental insurance but in the state of Florida, it is a requirement. It helps to pay for medical bills and your passengers’ medical bills if you get in an auto accident, no matter who was at fault.

Q: How Long Do I Have to See a Doctor and Still be Able to File a Claim?

A: In Florida, you only have 14 days to see a doctor after being in an auto accident or you risk the ability to file a claim.

Q: Will I Have to Have Surgery or Take Harmful Drugs?

Auto Injury Treatment FL Complete Care Hip Pain ReliefA: In most cases, CC can help you reach your pain relief or pain management goals through spinal manipulation and other therapies without resorting to invasive surgeries or harmful drugs.

If you’ve been in an auto accident in Plant City, Complete Care can help. CC’s newest location offers state-of-the-art services in a friendly, helpful environment. The auto accident doctors at every CC location can diagnose and treat your auto accident injuries and come up with a comprehensive treatment plan that will get you on the road to recovery as quickly as possible.  Because of their experience with auto accidents, they can also help guide you through the entire process including claim paperwork and talk to your lawyer, if you choose.

The entire CC Plant City auto injury doctor staff is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all patients. Call CC Plant City and start your recovery today.